Thursday, August 6, 2009

Finnian Ambrose O'Neil


Praise God! A healthy baby boy! Finnian Ambrose O'Neil was born at 1:46am weighing in at 9lbs 10oz, 20.5in.

This never gets old. This experience has really got me thinking, and I'd like to share these thoughts with you, my friends and family.

I'm 27 years old, I have 4 children under the age of 5... I'm friggin nuts right!

Or consider this, in times such as these, when our world seems to be more and more off-base, when the very core of society (family) is being attacked, what better gift could God have given the world than one more soul delivered through a faithful family. He's given us one more man of the kingdom, one more soldier to pick up His sword, and fight His fight. And to think this gift came to the world through me and my bride. What an enormous gift to our family, what an enormous gift to us all.

Mother Teresa said that to say there are too many children is like saying there are too many flowers. For Lauri and I... we will continue grow our garden according to God's plan and purpose. Our garden of God designed flowers... our garden of God destined gifts to the world.

Is it convenient for us?... uh, no. But God's perfect Will and creative love rarely are. I'd like to challenge everyone reading this to have a new found love for God's plan in procreation. The world tells us that pregnancy is a convenience thing, and can be treated as a disease with the consumption of a pill. Know, love, understand, and support the fact that God has a plan for our garden.

In Christ's Love,

Branden O'Neil

7 comments:

  1. Welcome Finnian!

    Thanks for sharing such profound truth. I too often think of children as the greatest gifts that God can bestow on us. And because God loves us sooo much, beyond human comprehension, HE naturally wants to give us gifts of love.

    I mean think about it, God's greatest gift to each one of us is....our own life! So the greatest gift God can give us is LIFE, and because HE loves us so much he continues to give us the greatest gift of all, MORE LIFE, our children.

    Yeah, its tough, and we can't live as comfortably as we once did, or could, but the things of this world pass and (re)turn to dust, souls are eternal, and like you said, children are more souls in God's Glorious Garden.

    I'd rather fight through life struggling to keep up with the family God wants me to have, then live comfortably on MY choosing, while watching the home I want, or the car I want, or substitute whatever 'other thing' scares us from more children, fade away into all that doesn't matter.

    The question I fight daily -- if I truly believe that we are eternal beings, and the only things that really matter in this life, are those things that have eternal reckoning, then why do the things and comforts of this world only, matter to me so much that I barricade God's plan in my life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Branden and Lauri! -Desi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and precious blessing he is! We are thrilled for you and can't wait to meet him. Lord willing we can make a trip up sometime soon. God Bless you guys, we love you so much!! -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH LAURIE~i am SUPER excited for you and your new addition! CONGRATULATIONS! as you know, we are ALWAYS so thrilled at the news of another precious life born for such a time as this!
    YOU ARE BLESSED! elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful new baby boy! There's nothing like those first few moments! Enjoy this time with your family & God bless you O'Neil's for saying yes! We can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! And praise God for another soldier! You guys are so blessed. And so glad to know about your blog. Here's mine http://fashionistasjournal.blogspot.com/
    Love,
    Holly and the rest of the Moore Family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Lauri and Branden! We are very happy for you! Praise God!
    It is great to hear about you through the blog and hope to catch up when things calm down. We'll be praying for you all. Congrat's on the new home as well.
    The Fergusons
    jkjferguson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete