Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Feast of the Assumption of Mary







Jessen and Ruth were here to celebrate this special day with us. A rosary and strawberry shortcakes topped off the day. Family rosaries with our young kids are always filled with so many precious/funny moments and of course frustrating moments. I am so inconsistent with everything in life that it is always a wonderful accomplishment to remember special days! Our kids love love love celebrating these feast days of the church and it gives a great opportunity to teach our children. This is definitely not something that happens every feast day, but I hope and pray it will become more consistent. Part of what makes me so inconsistent is the fact I feel like things have to be perfect to accomplish something and it is all or nothing, but I have to say the moments/things or acivities that I feel like are not prepared and will be halfway done and not very good end up being the best because it is yes my effort, but God always makes up for the rest! So God I will do my best, but please make up for all the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment