Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What makes me unique to my hubby

I was in Mass a couple weeks ago when I began thinking about Father Bala and his vocation as a priest and how he can persevere in his vocation and during consecration it occurred to me that the mass makes him unique in his vocation. The reason that most Priests within Religious Orders have to celebrate mass every day is for their perseverance so they can experience that uniqueness that makes them set apart from other men and makes their vocation special. This is what makes him different from another man and what makes him unique to the Church, his bride. It then lead me to thinking about Branden and what makes us so unique as spouses and that is the intimacy we share with the gift of sex. The thing that makes us so unique in marriage is being intimate with our spouse and that is the very thing that is attacked the most with in marriages. This is a great means for perseverance when united with God for union and pro-creation. I now try to think about it daily so I can overcome the many distractions and temptations to avoid the intimacy with my husband. Yes I used the word avoid because so often I would try to avoid, most of the time because I am just so darn tired by the end of the day. So I now try to not avoid and take advantage of that special part of our marriage that makes me unique to Branden!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! It's so weird...I rarely take time to read blogs, but I did today & yours is the third one that spoke to heart...where it is RIGHT now! God is so good & faithful! He will speak to us anyway he can...even through blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, LOVED reading this - thanks - it's soo true!!

    <3 Maria

    ReplyDelete