Thursday, February 18, 2010

Don't Want to Miss a Moment









Okay so I think officially I am going to home school and the cherry that topped it off was, I don't want to miss a moment. Everyone you meet that has grown children says it flies by and wishes they could go back to this day that I am presently in so I want to live it up and not miss a moment. A lady saw us walking into the Y a couple of weeks ago and she pulled me aside and told me to look at my kids every day for a few minutes each not thinking about if they have brushed their teeth or made their bed or if they have talked back. It was just what the Holy Spirit Ordered! I thought this was such simple advice, but really wonderful and I took it and use it daily. It makes you really appreciate these little souls and in the chaos of the days not letting it slip by and taking a moment to realize the gift God has given you. It is a gift that can be unwrapped every day so take those few moments and unwrap the gift because every day it is wrapped beautifully again waiting for you to unwrap it again and again and again. How beautiful life is and how wonderful our vocation as moms.

As I am typing I realize why I don't normally blog when the kids are awake. I just got frustrated at my children as I am writing a blog about spending time with them...how contrary is that. I am split right now btwn what I am supposed to be doing and what i am not supposed to be doing. I totally want to be at the computer right now because it is definitely more appealing to me at the moment. More appealing than being pulled out of my selfishness at every moment in raising my children, but the obvious answer is get up and leave the computer behind leave the soulless useless thing that will not come with me to heaven behind and take up my vocation of motherhood. Got to go my cross is calling and if I stay to long my will power will get weaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment